Celtic holotropic weekend Retreat 18-21 April 2024 -followed by Sweat Lodge
Join us to surf your inner landscape in holotropic states of consciousness. The vehicle is your body – the fuel is your breath.
We are offering an evening with Shamanic Journeying to start the weekend retreat.
What is Grof breathwork
Grof breathwork has its origen historically in holotropic breathwork. It is a system of healing which enables us to look deeply within. By entering holotropic states of consciousness otherwise known as enhanced states of awareness, it may be possible to allow our inate wisdom to surface, and thus transformation and deep insights to unfold.
It has 3 components:
• Breathing for 3 hours
• Focused Energy Release Bodywork
Grof breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey.
It can be:
• a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
• an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
• a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
• a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
• used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
• a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
• an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
• supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and with what their lives are about.
This event is in three parts: (3rd part with Sweat Lodge on Sunday)
First, a live, on-line, 2 hour introduction to breathwork a few days before the event
This is an important preparation session to build a safe and secure space for individuals and the group. It will allow you to go deeper into your experience.
We will be talking about:
- the format and what a session looks like
- what can come up in a session and why
- how you can get the most from your session
- the different roles of breather, sitter and facilitator
- safety, safety, safety
Hopefully you will understand that you will not be able to breathe on the weekend if you do not attend this introductory session. There will be no time to go over it on the weekend with you.
Second, the breathwork weekend –
- Arrival at the venue by 5pm on Thursday. There will be a light meal followed by the opening sharing circle and a Shamanic Journey
- Breathwork -one session on Friday morning and one in the afternoon – each participant will breathe once and sit once – a session is about 3 hours.
- Integration starts with mandala drawing after each breathwork
- We will have a fire ceremony in the evening (weather permitting)
- Integration continues with a sharing circle on Sunday morning following both the breathwork and sweat lodge and we complete with lunch at 12.30pm
Third – We are offering a Sweat lodge in the Saturday evening following the breathwork retreat.
The Sweat Lodge comes from various traditions across the globe. We use a Celtic tradition in our lodges at Danu Lodge. The space is used for deep comtemplation, ceremony, cleansing and celebration.
Safety Safety safety is our priority. Each participant needs to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event.
You can register and fill out your form for the event Here
We offer on online zoom integration session about 1 week after the event, where you can share your wisdom and insights and seek further support should you have need
Your facilitators are:
Kate Curtis +35 387 232 5383 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Mathews +35 387 238 0259 – email@example.com
Please feel free to contact either of us to clarify any queries you may have.
Danu Lodge is a secluded retreat centre in Co. Wexford and is in a stunning setting, surrounded with natural beauty.
They serve amazing food and cater for food intolerences
Event exchange & bookings:
The exchange is 450 euro and includes accommodation and meals. Rooms are light, airy and spacious on a shared room basis.
If finance is a barrier to attending the event please do get in touch – we may be able to offer a payment plan and/or there may be a bursary available.
We look forward to holding space for you.
Kate & Claire