Grof breathwork summer retreat celebrating 18-20 August 2023
Join us to surf your inner landscape in a holotropic state of consciousness. The vehicle is your body – the technology is Grof breathwork – the fuel is your breath
What is Grof breathwork?
Essentially Grof breathwork enables us to learn more about ourselves, to heal and to open to our inate wisdom. Historically Grof breathwork has its origen in the healing modality of holotropic breathwork.
It has 3 components:
• Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
Breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey. It can be:
• a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
• an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
• a self-empowering way (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
• a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
• used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
• a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
• an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
• supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that Grof breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and what their lives are about. A deep sense of calm and peacefulness may result from this type of work.
This event is in three parts:
First, a live, on-line, 2 hour introduction to breathwork
This is an important preparation session to build the container and the safety for individuals and the group. It will allow you to go deeper into your experience.
We will be talking about:
- the format and what a session looks like
- what can come up in a session and why
- how you can get the most from your session
- the different roles of breather, sitter and facilitator
- safety, safety, safety
Hopefully you will understand that you will not be able to breathe if you do not attend this introductory session. There will be no time to go over it on the day with you.
Second, the Retreat commences at 5pm arrival at the venue greeted with hot soup.
We will open the Retreat weekend with a Sharing Circle, and Shamanic drumming circle.
- On Saturday – Breathwork -one session in the morning and one in the afternoon – each participant will breathe oncw and sit once – each session is about 3 hours
- Integration – starts with mandala drawing after each breathwork session and continues with a sharing after the second session and a light supper in the evening
- Dance to shake off the residue of the breathwork experience
- On Sunday Sharing Circle followed by Fire Ceremony
- Closing Circle of the Retreat with soup before you leave
Safety is priority and as part of that participants need to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event.
Third Post workshop integration checkin session by zoom.
Your facilitators are:
Claire Mathews +35 387 2380259 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Curtis +35 387 232 5383 – email@example.com
Please feel free to contact either of us to clarify any queries you may have.
Danu Lodge is a secluded retreat and healing centre in the hills above Gorey, C0. Wexford and is in a stunning setting, surrounded with natural beauty.
Event exchange & bookings:
The exchange is 350 euro and includes a light supper when you arrive and vegetarian organic food.
If finance is a barrier to attending the event please do get in touch – we may be able to offer a payment plan and/or there may be a bursary available.
You can register for the event here
We look forward to “adventuring” with you.
Kate & Claire