Grof Breathwork One day Retreat at Danu Lodge 18 February 2024
Join Celtic Holotropic to discover about Grof Breathwork, to surf your inner landscape in holotropic states of consciousness. The vehicle is your body – the technology and the fuel is the breath assisted by powerful music and focused energy release bodywork
What is Grof breathwork?
Grof breathwork historically has its origen in the healing modality of holotropic breathwork.This system of healing enables us to explore to have deep enquiry within, to heal and to create a new way of being in the world.
It has 4 components:
- Breathing and movement
- Focussed Energy Release Bodywork
- Mandala drawing
Grof breathwork has supported many people in many different ways on their journey.
It can be:
- used to access holotropic states of consciousness, otherwise known as enhanced states of awareness
- a powerful method of personal transformation and healing
- an insightful personal enquiry tool to know thyself – light & shadow
- a self-empowering method (because you do the work) to re-integrate fragmented parts of ourselves that may have been split off through guilt, shame, fear anger, sadness over years of conditioning by significant others
- a highly experiential complimentary therapeutic technology to psychotherapy
- used to help clear birth trauma of personal nature and/ or from a mother’s own birthing traumatic imprints
- used to access ideas and inspiration from the transpersonal realm to improve an individual’s way of being in the world for not only the wounded but for the artist or scientist or student or inventor. The dreamlike images that can be presented in expanded states of consciousness often contain solutions to questions on our minds.
- a deep self-care approach for the healing and helping professional
- an evidenced based tool that can get to the root of and heal addiction and depression
- supportive in the healing of previous emotional or physical trauma; in reducing the symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress; in emotional expression & release and for creative inspiration.
Many people report that Grof breathwork has been instrumental in helping them to connect with who and what they truly are and with what their lives are about.
This event is in three parts:
First, a zoom live, on-line, 2 hour introduction to breathwork one week before
This is an important preparation session to build the container and the safety for individuals and the group. It will allow you to go deeper into your experience.
We will be talking about:
- the format and what a session looks like
- what can come up in a session and why
- how you can get the most from your session
- the different roles of breather, sitter and facilitator
- safety, safety, safety
Hopefully you will understand that you will not be able to attend the retreat if you do not attend this introductory session. There will be no time to go over it on the weekend with you.
The breathwork retreat
- Arrival at the venue by 8.30 am for opening circle
- Breathwork -one session on Sunday morning and one in the afternoon – each participant will breathe once and sit once– a session is about 3 hours.
- Integration starts with mandala drawing after each breathwork and continues with a sharing circle on Sunday evening.
Safety is priority and as part of that participants need to complete a medical form as part of the registration. There also needs to be a commitment to fully attend the whole event.
We will invite you to attend a post workshop check in, sharing circle one week later where you will have an oportunity to share your insights and wisdom with your fellow journeyers and to have further support where needed
Kate Curtis +35 387 232 5383 – email@example.com
Danu Lodge is a secluded retreat centre in Co. Wexford and is in a stunning setting, surrounded with natural beauty.
We serve amazing food and cater for food allergies.
Event exchange & bookings:
The exchange is €200 and includes vegetarian organic meals.
I look forward to being of service and holding space for you.
To book Here
Please feel free to contact me to clarify any queries you may have. As this type of breathwork result in strong physical and emotional expression we ask that you fill out the medical questionaire.