A tailored plan is made according to your needs for fertility acupuncture. The first consultation involves an detailed health and wellbeing assessment. We discuss nutrition, lifestyle, stress factors, and offer health and relaxation advice followed by an Acupuncture treatment.
Many factors can cause a woman to have difficulty conceiving but, if it is possible for these factors to be overcome and a person’s body to be restored to health, conception can occur. Acupuncture can help when used on its own, but if it is not successful alone, after a period of time, it can be used with a combination treatment plan alongside ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology). Similarly, use of acupuncture can help a man overcome difficulties conceiving by having a positive effect on the sperm.
Acupuncture is the only known technique to directly increase Vascular Response in the pelvis by increasing the circulation.
Acupuncture points and meridians are chosen, according to the principles of TCM, to prepare the woman for pregnancy. It is used to regulate the menstrual cycle, enhancing the receptivity of the uterus by improving the quality of the mucus and building up the lining of the endometrium. Acupuncture by way of improving circulation to the pelvic organs can also help the male factor.
Acupuncture can help women undergoing fertility treatment (ART) conceive with up to 50% greater success than those not receiving treatment. In the acupuncture practice within the Sims Clinic, there has been up to 60% success when used alongside ART.
Used on its own, the success can be up to 80%, but this takes longer, and this estimation is made with women under 35 years of age.
Acupuncture helps to:
- Reduces Stress
- Stabilize the endocrine system and reduce side effects of hormone treatments during IVF
- Relax the uterus and prevent contractions pre and post procedures of IVF
- Regulate the immune system
- Reduce Inflammation in the intestine and the pelvic organs
- Regulate the Hypothalamic Pituitary Ovarian axis by regulating hormonal imbalance and reducing stress, which both can result in the hypothalamus failing to send messages to the pituitary gland, which in turn disturbs the normal levels of FSH and LH.
- Promote general relaxation and wellbeing, and calm the nervous system and reduce stress.
- Strengthen core strength and stamina, in both the man and woman.
- Improve blood flow to the uterus and ovaries by reducing the constriction in the uterine arteries.
- Enhance sperm quality and sexual vitality.
- Treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Fibroids, Endometriosis and hormone and autoimmune disorders.
- Prevent miscarriage by reducing the uterine spasms, and strengthening the energetic inner core Essence which is responsible for the stabilization of the embryo during the implantation process.
Treatment plans offered with acupuncture for fertility
90 days weekly treatment using herbal medicine and medicinal mushrooms as required
During IVF preparation :
6 weeks once or twice weekly
pre & post embryo transfer
10 -12 days : 1-2 treatments post transfer
4 weeks once or twice weekly
For more details www.acorn-acupuncture.com